Diabetes Empowerment Education Program (DEEP)
The Diabetes Empowerment Education Program, also known as DEEP™, is an education curriculum designed to help people with pre-diabetes, diabetes, relatives and caregivers gain a better understanding of diabetes self-care. Classes last a total of six weeks, providing participants with eight unique learning modules.
Goals of the DEEP curriculum include: • Improving and maintaining the quality of life of persons with pre-diabetes and existing diabetes • Preventing complications and incapacities • Improving eating habits and maintaining adequate nutrition • Increasing physical activity • Developing self-care skills • Improving the relationship between patients and health care providers • Utilizing available resources
6 to 8 week sessions. Meet 2 hours for each session.
- Improving and maintaining the quality of life of persons with prediabetes and existing diabetes
- Preventing complications and incapacities
- Improving eating habits and maintaining adequate nutrition
- Increasing physical activity
- Developing self-care skills
- Improving the relationship between patients and health care providers
- Utilizing available resources