Arthritis Foundation Exercise Program (AFEP)
Arthritis Foundation Exercise Program (formerly PACE) is designed to help people learn and practice the different techniques needed to build an individualized self-management program and gain the confidence to carry it out.
- Reduce bodily pain and stiffness
- Maintain or increase muscle strength
- Balance and coordination
- Endurance decreases fatigue
- Overall perceived health status
6 weeks, ongoing. Meet once a week for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Participants are expected to exercise on their own at least two more times each week.
- Low-impact physical activity program proven to reduce pain and decrease stiffness.
- Sessions include gentle range-of-motion exercises that are suitable for every fitness level and ability.
- These enjoyable and motivational classes may be taken either standing or sitting in a chair.