Do You Have a Passion for Helping Seniors? Become a volunteer Tax Counselor for the Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) program thru SeniorAge. TCE volunteers help seniors and/or low-income families electronically file their Federal income tax forms as well as Missouri Property Tax Credit rebates.
You don’t have to be a math genius to help.
We provide the training and the software to help you help them! Training for those who are “New to Taxes” is held in December of each year. In January, training is held in Springfield for all tax volunteers - those new to taxes and returning volunteers.
Six Things You Need to Know About Becoming a TCE Volunteer
- You don’t need prior experience. You’ll receive training from instructors and certified TCE Volunteers and can serve in a variety of roles like greeters, appointment setters, reviewers, Missouri Property Tax credit return assisters, or tax preparers.
- You will receive free tax law training, e-file training, and all the materials needed to prepare basic individual income tax returns. All returns are using IRS approved software. You do need basic computer skills.
- The hours are flexible. Volunteers are asked to serve an average of five or more hours per week from late January thru April 15, 2017.
- Volunteer sites are generally located at senior centers or community and neighborhood centers, libraries, schools, and other convenient locations.
- All of our TCE sites offer free electronic filing of tax returns.
- As a volunteer, you’ll join a program that’s helped millions of people file tax returns at no charge for over 40 years. Your help will make a difference. It’s people helping people. It’s that simple!
If you are intersted in becomming a part of our great volunteer team, contact Susan Hughes at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 417-868-9524, or talk to your Senior Center Administrator about availabilities at your local Senior Center.